Monday 26 September 2011

Show and Tell

So we had a visitor at the weekend, the lovely Bridget who I worked with in the UK was sent by the company I used to work for she still (just) works for to Melbourne for six weeks, I am assured that actual business took place. So she hopped on a plane and came and saw us at the weekend. I still can't get over the fact that the next major city, with more that 50,000 population requires a two hour flight to get to, Australia doesn't seem so big when reduced to a size that fits on one page!

So around 30 hours to play with then, I set about frantically planning the quickest, most actioned pack tour of Adelaide and surrounds. Then I realised that I was falling into the trap, and forgetting that friends and family really come to see you and not the location. And I also realised that I don't need to make visitors 'get' this place like I do, as if I were seeking their benediction that I have made the right move. So instead we sat in a pub on the sea front and gossiped, and I felt like a bit of the old home had come to the new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment